- I separate this owl macrame necklace pattern with 2 parts, owl part and necklace part
- Before working this project you must practice spiral half hitch, square knot and double haft hitch bar.(Horizontal haft hitch)
necklace line pattern
- 4 waxed cords (brown color) , 130 cm. long each (waxed cord no.3 /1 mm. thick),fold in a half
- 6 small wooden beads and 30 brass beads for decorating .
- 8 waxed cords (nude color) , 70 cm. long each (waxed cord no.3 /1 mm. thick) fold in a half
- 2 round sphere beads for eye.
- 1 UFO shape bead for mouth.
- 1 stick for owl standing.
Instructions: OWL part
- Fold every cords into a half to start every thing at the middle.
- Secure 4 brown cords(130 cm) horizontally. This is a holding cords for necklace line part.
- Use 8 nude cords (70cm.) for and owl part. Tie larks head knot on necklace line part
You will now get 16 strands to work.
Separate them in 4 groups,each group contain 4 cords
- Tying each group with square knot with 2 fillers. You will get 4 square knots on the 1st row.
- leave 2 leftest and rightest cords, and separate the rest 12 cords in 3 group, Then tie each group with square knot. You will get 3 square knots onthe 2nd row.
- leave 4 leftest and rightest cords, and separate the rest 8 cords in 2 group, Then tie each group with square knot. You will get 2 square knots on the 3rd row.
- Then tie 1 square knot on 4 cords at the middle of the work, You will get 1 square knot on the 4th row.
Separate cords into 2 groups, left group and right group
- Tie the double half hitch bar to each group, the holding cord will be on the leftest and rightest. Make sure that each knot is closed to square knots above.
- Put 2 cords in the middle into the UFO bead as in the picture.
- Thread 2 beads for eye into 2-5, 12-15 cord.
- Separate cords into 2 side, left side and right side. Then tie the double half hitch bar to each side, the holding cord will be the middle cord of your work.
- Then continue tying same double half hitch bar to each side, to make 5 bars each side.
- Tying 5 cord in a middle with square knots.
- Leave 2 leftest and rightest cords, and separate the rest 12 cords in 2 groups, Then tie each group with square knot.
- Bring 8,9 cord to the left and right side as in the right image, then put the stick in between the cords as in the left image.
- Use 8,9 cord tying 2 square knots around the rest of cords under the stick, to secure the stick firmly.
- Then cut and burn 8,9 cords. and cut the rest of cord to make it like a tail.
Necklace line part
- Tie 5 half hitch knots to make spiral shape knot.
- Thread 5 brass beads into leftest cord, and thread a wooden bead into the rest 3 cords on the right.
- then tie1 square knot to hold the beads together.
- Continuing the same pattern, making 3 groups of wooden and brass beads.
- At the end, tie 5 half hitch knots to make spiral shape again.
- Then make the rest of necklace line with 4 cords braid.
You can practice Big owl at http://ecocrafta.blogspot.com/2014/02/owl-necklace.html